ABSOLUTE PERU ♦ 21 DAYS
START & FINISH: LIMA
G Adventures Classsic Small Group Tour fr £1999 per person exc. flights
Service Level: Standard
Scan the canopy for wildlife from the comfort of our intimate and exclusive 'G Tambopata Ecolodge’, contemplate mountain vistas or take an optional flight over the Nazca Lines—this epic journey explores the geography, culture and history of Peru, offering you the perfect blend of guided excursions and free time. Hike the Inca Trail, which rewards those willing to break a sweat with stunning vistas of ruins, mountainscapes and cloud forest. And because we run our own treks, we can ensure the fair treatment of our porters and the quality of food, service and equipment.
Day 1 Lima
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Paracas
Free morning in Lima before travelling by bus to Paracas.
Days 3-4 Nazca
Optional visit to Ballestas Islands before travelling to Nazca. Guided tour of Nazca desert cemetery and potters studio. Optional flight over the Nazca Lines before the night bus to Arequipa.
Day 5 Arequipa
Free day in Arequipa. Optional city tour or visit to the Santa Catalina Monastery.
Days 6-7 Colca Canyon
Travel by private van to Chivay for a guided tour to Colca Canyon to spot condors. Optional visit to local hot springs. Drive back to Arequipa on Day 7.
Days 8-10 Puno/Lake Titicaca (1B,1L,1D)
Travel by bus to Puno. Visit to the floating Islands of Uros and guided tour of Lake Titicaca with a homestay in a small village. Optional visit to Sillustani burial site.
Days 11-12 Cuzco
Travel by bus to Cuzco, and free day to enjoy the city's museums and local markets. Optional city tour or Sacred Valley tour.
Days 13-16 Inca Trail to Machu Picchu (3B,3L,3D)
4-day guided Inca Trail hike with visit to Machu Picchu. Optional visit to the Inca Bridge before returning to Cuzco.
Day 17 Cuzco
Free day to explore Cuzco or relax. Active options include whitewater rafting, horseback riding and mountain biking.
Days 18-20 Amazon Jungle (2B,2L,2D)
Fly to Puerto Maldonado and continue by motorized canoe to our comfortable, intimate and exclusive 'G Lodge Amazon’. Enjoy guided excursions by expert naturalists to spot wildlife at nearby oxbow lakes, clay licks and tree-top towers. Included rubber boots while at the lodge. Fly back to Lima on Day 20.
Day 21 Lima
Depart at any time.
- Guided tour of Nazca desert cemetery and potter's studio, Guided tour of Colca Canyon and surroundings (2 nights), Guided tour of Taquile and Uros Islands on Lake Titicaca, 4-day Inca Trail hike with local guide, cook and porters, Guided tour of Machu Picchu, 3-day excursion to G Adventures exclusive rainforest lodge (2 nights).
- 6 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 6 Dinners. (Allow USD350-560 for meals not included.)
- Hotels/guesthouses (13 nts), G Adventures exclusive rainforest lodge (2 nts), bus (1 nt), homestay (1 nt), camping (3 nts).
- Public bus, plane, train, boat, canoe.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout (except on the Inca Trail), local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 16, Avg 12
Departures available throughout 2013.Please call for latest dates and availability.
Trip Code: PHPT