ECUADOR VOLCANOES & CLOUD FOREST
8 DAYS ♦ START & FINISH: QUITO
G Adventures Discovery Adventure Tour fr £680 per person exc. flights
Service Level: Comfort
As you straddle the equator at the Middle of the World, it occurs to you that being in two places at once is pretty invigorating. Ecuador has that effect on travellers and this convenient week-long adventure is bursting with opportunity. Fill a suitcase and empty your purse in Otavalo’s market, which occupies much of the town. Spot birds in the cloud forest of Mindo and soak in the scenery while relaxing in Papallacta’s hot springs. A trip to Ecuador is more about attitude than its latitude. With all the inclusions and unique expert guide and accommodations—historic haciendas, cloud forest lodge—this trip has it, too.
ItineraryDay 1 Quito
Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Travel to the "Mitad del Mundo" monument at the Equator line and preform experiments that are only possible at the middle of the earth then on to the cloud forest area of Mindo. Explore the forest with a local Naturalist to spot birds and learn about this amazing eco-system. We also visit an orchid farm where a local expert teaches us about these exquisite plants. Option to visit a butterfly farm.
Continue to the Papallacta Hot Springs, for on-site hot springs and optional spa treatments and hiking excursions. Plenty of time to soak, relax and enjoy the mountain views before returning to Quito on day 7 for our farewell dinner.
Depart at any time.
- Welcome gift - Introductory Spanish lesson - Visit the Village of Calderón for a folk art demonstration - Visit San Pablo Lake - Spend 2 nights in an historic Hacienda - Explore the Otavalo handicraft market and watch artisans at work - Boat tour on Cuicocha Lake volcanic crater - Visit a traditional leather town - Visit the "Mitad del Mundo" monument at the Equator line and perform experiments that can only be done at the middle of the earth - Spend 2 nights in a cloud forest lodge near Mindo and go birdwatching with a Naturalist - Learn about orchids with a local expert at an orchid farm - Overnight at the Papallacta hot springs.
- 7 Breakfasts, 1 dinner (Allow USD185-225 for meals not included.)
- Comfort hotels (3 nts), historic hacienda (2 nts), cloud forest lodge (2 nts).
- Private van, boat.
- Discovery Adventures guide throughout.
- Small group experience; Max 16, Avg 10
Departures available throughout 2013.
Please call for latest dates and availability.
Trip Code: SECVD