HIGHLIGHTS OF ARGENTINA & BRAZIL ♦ 10 DAYS
BUENOS AIRES → RIO DE JANEIRO
G Adventures Discovery Adventure Tour fr £1800 per person exc. flights
Service Level: Comfort
It takes two to tango and a combination of natural wonders and urban thrills to really experience South America. From dance lessons in Buenos Aires to the samba spirit of Rio, infuse your experience with the continent’s soulful spirit. Travel deep into the interior and explore spectacular Iguassu Falls. Travel days are well paced and domestic flights to remote attractions minimize travel time so you can maximize time exploring this region’s treasures. From small towns where you’ll hang out with the locals to barbeque feasts, get a true taste of this region’s vibrant culture.
Days 2-3 Buenos Aires (2B,1L,1D)
Walking tour of Buenos Aires, Mate (Argentina's National drink) demonstration and tasting and introductory Spanish class. Wine tasting with an expert sommelier, tango lessons with expert dancers and professional tango dinner show. On day 2, travel outside the city to an organic farm for a cooking demonstration with a local chef including traditional lunch.
Days 4-5 Iguassu Falls (2B)
Fly to Iguassu Falls and tour this UNESCO World heritage site on the Argentine and Brazilian sides with local experts. Option to visit Itaipú Dam and take a boat or helicopter tour over the falls.
Day 6-8 Paraty (3B,D)
Fly to Sao Paulo and continue to the coastal town of Paraty. Tour of a cachaça distillery and learn from an expert how this popular alcohol is distilled from fermented sugarcane juice. Also visit a local family's home for a churrasqueria (traditional Brazilian BBQ) and learn how to make Brazil's most famous drink, the Caipirihna. Option to visit the nearby islands by boat and explore the town.
Day 9 Rio de Janeiro (B)
Travel to Rio to explore this famed city with an included visit to Sugar Loaf and Christ the Redeemer. Option to see a samba show this evening.
Day 10 Rio de Janeiro
Depart at any time.
- Welcome gift with Mate demonstration and tasting - Walking tour of Buenos Aires - Wine tasting, tango lessons and professional tango dinner show - Introductory Spanish lesson - Cooking demonstration with a local Chef - Tour of Iguassu Falls on the Argentine and Brazilian sides - Tour of a cachaça distillery with an expert and learn how to make a Caipirihna, the famed Brazilian Cocktail - Visit a local family's home for a churrasqueria (traditional Brazilian BBQ) - Tour of Rio including Sugar Loaf and Christ the Redeemer
- 8 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 2 Dinners (Allow USD350-400 for meals not included.)
- Comfort hotels (9 nts)
- Van, mini-bus, plane, walking
- Discovery Adventures guide, local guides
- Small group experience; Max 15, Avg 10
Departures available throughout 2014.
Please call for latest dates and availability.
Trip Code: SAABD