QUEST OF THE GODS ♦ 14 DAYS
START & FINISH: LIMA
G Adventures Classsic Small Group Tour fr £1899 per person exc. flights
Service Level: Comfort
Scan the canopy for wildlife from the comfort of our intimate and exclusive 'G Tambopata Ecolodge’, contemplate mountain vistas or take an optional flight over the Nazca Lines—this epic journey explores the geography, culture and history of Peru, offering you the perfect blend of guided excursions and free time. Hike the Inca Trail, which rewards those willing to break a sweat with stunning vistas of ruins, mountainscapes and cloud forest. And because we run our own treks, we can ensure the fair treatment of our porters and the quality of food, service and equipment.
Day 1 Lima
Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Days 2-3 Amazon Rainforest (2B,2L,2D)
Fly to Puerto Maldonado and continue by motorized canoe to our comfortable, intimate and exclusive 'G Lodge Amazon’. Enjoy guided excursions by expert naturalists to spot wildlife at nearby oxbow lakes, clay licks and tree-top towers. Included rubber boots while at the lodge.
Days 4-5 Cuzco (2B)
Return by boat to Puerto Maldonado and fly to Cuzco. Included city tour and free time to explore the city's museums and local markets. Active options include whitewater rafting, horseback riding and mountain biking.
Day 6-9 Inca Trail to Machu Picchu (4B,3L,3D)
4-day guided Inca Trail hike with visit to Machu Picchu. Optional visit to the Inca Bridge before returning to Cuzco.
Day 10 Cuzco (B)
Free day in Cuzco.
Days 11-12 Puno/Lake Titicaca (2B)
Travel to Puno by private vehicle. Visit to the floating Islands of Uros and guided tour of Lake Titicaca. Optional visit to Sillustani burial site.
Day 13 Lima (B)
Transfer to Juliaca and fly back to Lima.
Day 14 Lima (B)
Depart at any time.
- Guided tour of Nazca desert cemetery and potter's studio, Guided tour of Colca Canyon and surroundings (2 nights), Guided tour of Taquile and Uros Islands on Lake Titicaca, 4-day Inca Trail hike with local guide, cook and porters, Guided tour of Machu Picchu, 3-day excursion to G Adventures exclusive rainforest lodge (2 nights).
- 6 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 6 Dinners. (Allow USD350-560 for meals not included.)
- Hotels/guesthouses (13 nts), G Adventures exclusive rainforest lodge (2 nts), bus (1 nt), homestay (1 nt), camping (3 nts).
- Public bus, plane, train, boat, canoe.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout (except on the Inca Trail), local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 16, Avg 12
Departures available throughout 2013.
Please call for latest dates and availability.
Trip Code: PHPT